But Aetna® Vital Savings isn't insurance — it's a discount program. We figured you might have questions about how it works. Here are answers to some that we hear most often.
That depends on what works best for you. Aetna® Vital Savings starts at $7.99 a month. But there are different options — A "Single" program or "Family" program. And different payment choices — like paying monthly or yearly. Before you sign up, you can see how much it costs.
No medical information is needed. And there are no copays, deductibles, waiting periods or claims, either. Aetna® Vital Savings isn't insurance. It's a discount program.
No, the program isn't intended to be used if you already have dental coverage.
The Aetna® Vital Savings program uses the Aetna Dental Access® network. It's one of the largest in the country, with over 262,000 Providers/Locations.1
Yes. There is a one-time $20 start-up fee, in addition to the cost for the Aetna® Vital Savings program you choose. Before you sign up, you can see how much it costs.
You'll need to wait for your two Aetna® Vital Savings cards to arrive in the mail. You should receive them, along with a welcome letter, 3 to 5 business days after we process your order.
That depends. You can choose a "Single" program. And you're the only one who can use the card for discounts. Or you can buy a "Family" program. That means your spouse or partner and covered dependents get cards. So the whole family can take advantage of the discounts. Call us at 1-877-698-4825 to order more cards.
You sure can. If you're not 100% satisfied for any reason within the first 30 days, you can cancel. You'll receive a full refund, minus the $20 start-up fee. Send your cancellation by mail to:
Aetna® Vital Savings
7400 Gaylord Parkway
Frisco, TX 75034
Or by fax to: 1-866-688-4825
- Use our Find a provider directory. It lists participating dentists and vision discount locations.
- Call 1-877-698-4825. We'll help you find what you need.
- Once you're a member, sign up for your member website. Then you can look up and use the discounts on health and wellness services and products. Like acupuncture and massage therapy, gym memberships, weight management programs, vitamins and hearing aids. (You also can find dental offices and eye care professionals on the website.)
You can log in to:
- See who else can use your Aetna® Vital Savings card
- Compare average estimated costs for dentists who participate in Aetna® Vital Savings with costs of dentists who don't participate — to see how much you can save
There is no fee schedule. What dentists charge for services usually varies, based on where they are located. But we help you find costs before you make an appointment. Once you have your Aetna® Vital Savings card and sign up for your member website, you can use our online tool to compare the average costs for dental services.
The amount dentists charge for their services varies by the area where they are located. Once you have your Aetna® Vital Savings card and sign up for your member website, you can use our online tool to compare the average costs for dental services.
It's a good idea to mention the Aetna® Vital Savings program when you make an appointment or use any of the discounts on healthy products and services. This way, you can be sure you're using a participating provider — one who accepts your card.
Yes, for the most part, you should show your card and pay at the time of service. But if you made different arrangements directly with the health care provider, please pay according to those arrangements.
No problem. Ask the office staff to call us at 1-877-698-4825. Our customer service staff can provide any needed information.
For vision only: Sometimes, an eye care professional is listed in our directory and doesn't recognize your card. Just tell the office staff that Aetna® Vital Savings is part of the standard Aetna vision discount program.
You'll know when you receive services from your health care provider. You will pay the negotiated discount at the time of service. In most cases, the discount range will be 15% to 50% off the cost of the dental services.2
Fill out an participation change request form on our website. Or, if you prefer, call us at
1-877-698-4825. We'll be glad to update your information over the phone.
As many times as you like. There are no limits on how often you and your family can use Vital Savings discounts, as long as your card is valid.
Your card automatically renews. We send you a renewal notice, too.
- If you paid by credit card, debit card or bank draft, we charge your card based on the current program and payment method. You don't have to do a thing.
- If you paid by check, we'll mail you a bill for the upcoming year.
- If you prefer to cancel, call us at 1-877-698-4825 before your renewal date. Or let us know in writing.
Call 1-877-698-4825. We'll mail you a replacement card.
Our customer service staff is here for you. Call us toll-free at 1-877-698-4825. For specific questions about services, call your dentist or other health care provider. Remember to tell them you have an Aetna® Vital Savings card.
Other helpful phone numbers include:
- Aetna Dental Access® network: 1-877-698-4825
- Vision discounts: 1-800-793-8616
- Fitness discounts: 1-800-298-7800
- Natural products and services (ChooseHealthy program) discounts: 1-877-335-2746